Join the Newcomers’ Meetings and learn more about IWAK
Our Newcomers’ meeting is an opportunity to get together in a small group along with some “long-time” Kraków residents and share experiences, find answers to questions, and get helpful tips about life in Kraków. Although we organise these get-togethers, please note that drinks and/or food are not provided by IWAK.
New members can join the Association at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Your annual membership subscription entitles you to:
- Help and advice from a host of experienced members,
- The enjoyment of any of the Interest Groups,
- Access to our closed IWAK Facebook group, containing information on life in Poland, recommendations, tips and advice, as well as practical facts (dealing with bureaucracy, social conventions, housing, kids’ concerns, driving, shopping, health care, dining, arts, sports, markets and fairs),
- Invitations to all events and outings such as regular brunches and coffees, cultural events, IWAK’s Christmas Charity Dinner, Ladies’ Nights, and family-oriented parties,
- A monthly newsletter with articles on travel, culture, recipes, group news, and a full list of upcoming events,
- Free advertising in the monthly newsletter/Facebook Group,
- Please note: some interest groups activities may have a nominal charge or requirement to purchase your own materials.
To ensure that IWAK is not used for commercial purposes and remains a social and family orientated group, membership is available to:
- Expatriate women living in Poland,
- Women who are married to, or the partner of, an expatriate,
- Women who have lived outside Poland as an expatriate for at least 5 years.
The IWAK membership year begins on 1 September and ends on 30 June.
The membership fee for the 2023/2024 year for all members is 100 PLN. This money covers IWAK’s formalities such as Website fees, with left over money funding treats for our members like drinks and snacks at certain get togethers. Any remaining funds are designated to our charity cause.
It is possible to join IWAK at any time during the year. The membership fee is adjusted depending on the month of joining.
Fees payable by cash at members’ and newcomers’ meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IWAK?
IWAK is a group of expatriate women living in Kraków who meet to make new friends, help and support newcomers to the city, enjoy cultural & other activities together and support local charities.
Are there any membership fees?
Yes. Our annual membership fee is currently 100 złoty (PLN) per year for ladies joining between between September and January inclusive. Our calendar year runs from 1 September until 30 June.
Where does the money collected from membership fees go?
Like most organisations, IWAK uses some of the funds for covering operating costs, website maintenance, and event hosting. Any remaining money is donated to charities in the Kraków area selected by IWAK. IWAK Committee members donate their time and efforts to the organisation as volunteers, they pay the same joining fees and other costs as all other members.
Can I advertise with IWAK?
For more information about advertising and/or sponsoring IWAK, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of women belong to IWAK?
All kinds! Our membership profile ranges from women who are 20-something to 70-something, and who come from different countries worldwide. Some live in Kraków permanently, some are here for a few years or even less.
Do I have to speak English to join?
While official business is conducted in English, you do not have to be fluent to join and enjoy our many activities.
Why should I join?
IWAK provides the opportunity for expatriates and women recently relocated to Poland to establish friendships. Monthly meetings and social events put you in touch with women living in the Kraków area. Our members socialise together, share experiences and provide one another with mutual support.
Who can join?
Membership in IWAK is extended to any ladies living locally and interested in and willing to comply with the Association’s purpose. To ensure that IWAK is not used for commercial purposes and remains a social and family-oriented group, membership is available to:
Expatriate women living in Poland,
Women who are married to, or the partner of, an expatriate,
Women who have lived outside Poland as an expatriate for at least 5 years.
Can I try before joining?
Yes. Please feel free to join us at any our Newcomers’ Meetings. You are also welcome to join our Facebook group for one month and decide to join us.
I work full-time. Do you have anything for me?
We try to plan a variety of events for our members in order to accommodate everyone’s different schedules. In addition to daytime events, there are also evening and weekend events that you can enjoy (and families, partners or spouses are welcome there too).
Who can I contact with further questions?
Email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to hear from you!