IWAK is thrilled to share the news that we have allocated the remaining funds generously donated to us to help Ukrainians in the face of war to purchasing two pairs of excellent quality winter boots for soldiers, and making a cash donation towards the endless needs of the Refugee Point on Łagiewnicka street. This has totalled approximately 4,750 zlotys.
We would once again like to wholeheartedly thank everybody for their generous contributions. This calendar year IWAK has collected close to a whopping 70,000 zlotys for displaced Ukrainians. We are extremely proud of this amazing result. We continue to collect in-kind donations for the Refugee Point, such as warm shoes and clothing, bedding, toys, school materials, baby gear, kitchen goods, as well as cleaning and hygiene products.
Our annual end of year fundraising party, this time the “Let it Glow” Festive Fundraiser, on 2 December, will feature a raffle and silent auction, with beautiful prizes up for grabs such as a scenic helicopter flight for 4, hotel stays, restaurant and beauty vouchers and MORE! All proceeds will go to our new beneficiary: the Kraków Animal Care Association and Shelter housing hundreds of homeless pets. The Shelter also collects in-kind items. Here is a comprehensive list of their needs:
• Canned food for dogs and cats – please be guided by quality, not quantity, when buying food. A healthy diet is one of the most important factors that has a direct impact on immunity, well-being, and lowers the risk of illness in old age. Preferred brands: Animonda, Applaws, Acana, Arion, Belcando, Bozita, Brit, Carnilove, Concept for life, Dolina Noteci, Dog Chow, Eukanuba, Farmina, Feringa, Fitmin, Hill’s, Happy Dog, Josera, Lukullus, Miamor, Mac’s, Purina Pro Plan, Purizon, Rinti, Royal Canin, Rocco, Sanabelle, Smila, Sheba, Orijen, Taste of the Wild, Winston canned food from Rossmann.
• Specialist food; food for dogs and cats with digestive problems (easily digestible): gastrointestinal, sensitive – pet food in the recovery period after accidents or serious diseases: e.g., recovery, convalescence,
• blankets, towels, sheets, duvets (without down or feathers, which animals tear apart and later lands in and blocks the sewage system),
• lanyards, collars, muzzles, halters,
• accessories, e.g., toys for dogs and cats, scratching posts (mainly smaller – which will fit in boxes with sick cats).